Yesterday, I was talking to a friend who recently moved to the states from other country. We were talking about hair stuff (because you all know I love hair products and experimenting with my hairstyles). Anyways, at some point she was telling me that she saw a video in YouTube because she wanted to learn how to curl her hair, and she asked me about dry shampoo because she saw the girl using it at some point.
And you know how passionate I am about Dry Shampoo, my motto is, If you are trying to grow your hair do not wash it every single day, the majority of the stylists if not all will tell you the same.
Thankfully we now have dry shampoo, which will help you those days, because nobody wants to be walking with oily greasy hair. Also, you can use dry shampoo if you need to give volume to your hair (which I am guessing the girl in the video did) not necessarily only if you have dirty hair.
Now, I have tried a big variety of dry shampoo’s over the years you name it I used it, and as my hair is dark it is harder to find a good product that doesn’t leave your scalp white. I use it because YES I do not wash my hair every day because I am trying to let it grow and I have a lot, so washing it is a nightmare.
Today I will talk a bit about my recent faves:
1. Batiste. This is my number 1 product I love it because it is designed for brunettes and it really works at making my hair look clean, I just only wished scent was better, but still I love the results it gives. You can find this at Ulta but is a bit pricey around $8.00 USD for a bottle, but I buy mine at Marshalls and it is less expensive :).
2. Dove. In love with the scent but it does leave a white cast so you need to comb your hair very good after you apply it, this buddy is inexpensive, you can find it at walmart for around $3.00 USD. I heard some people saying that this doesn’t last a lot, but I had mine for the longest time (not sure if they got a lemon).
3. Suave Conditioner. This is the first product I saw that came with dry shampoo and dry conditioner, I finished the shampoo (which did not amaze me…sorry), but this conditioner I like, I don’t know if it really works or just in my mind but I like applying it sometimes after the dry shampoo, not totally necessary but I want to finish it up.
4. Oscar Blandi. I bought this for my wedding day, I love it because this is the first CLEAR shampoo I use, it is very easy to apply for the same reason and it has a nice scent to it, not overwhelming at all.
5. Detox by Dry Bar. I got this as a YouTube made me do it kind of thing, people rave a lot about this brand, it does work but it is white I think this would work great if you are a blond, but I really cannot justify the price, this little bottle cost me around $12.00 USD.
So I hope this help you all, have you used any of these shampoo’s?
Until next time,